1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday Night Live Thursday 9/27

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by jtso, Sep 25, 2012.

1. jtso

jtso New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Radford, VA
    Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday -

I set a season pass for it last week, but the episode for 9/27 is not on my To Do List.

When I set the season pass last week, it was listed in the guide and the season pass manager as SNL Weekend Update. For this coming Thursday, it is Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday.

So I set a second season pass.

2. starbreiz

starbreiz Fangirl

Jan 29, 2005
    Mountain...
    I was checking my ToDo List earlier, and I noticed it says "No longer in the program guide". But I didn't check the guide data to see what it actually thought was on at that time.

Last Thursday, I had a problem on my Eiger where I set a Season Pass for that show while watching it Live, and it started recording it on both tuners, both on the same HD NBC channel. i wondered if something wonky with the guide data allowed it to do that. It's probably unrelated and just karma for selling my spare TiVo.

3. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Member TCF Club

Dec 2, 2009
    This messed me up because I didn't catch in time that the title changed in the Tivo guide from SNL Weekend Update Thursday to just SNL. What's extra aggravating is I do have an SP for the regular SNL so that should have picked this episode up anyway but it didn't. Oh well, at least it's on nbc.com so I should be able to get to watch it this weekend.

4. starbreiz

starbreiz Fangirl

Jan 29, 2005
    Mountain...
    mlsync: The shows have the same name, but likely a different program id, so the Program Guide Data sees them as two different shows. I hope that helps it make sense. And yes, the name change is silly, and confusing in the program list now.

5. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Member TCF Club

Dec 2, 2009
    Thanks starbreiz. I didn't bother to check under the hood since the damage was already done, but I'm pretty sure you're right. And it's definitely most silly... changing the title in the first place causing my scheduled recording to get dropped, and then using the same name but a different ID to add to the confusion and frustration.