1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday Night Live 5/12/07 with host Molly Shannon

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Beau_in_Austin, May 13, 2007.

1. Beau_in_Austin

Beau_in_Austin New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Very funny episode, and how great to see someone with so much heart, and genuine appreciation for the opportunity, get to host.

Live, from Austin, and rooting for Molly Shannon..

2. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Yes, a good episode last night. The candidate debate had me laughing out loud - it was a bit that (for once) showed evidence of some great writing - even with just the names they came up with ("Count Hershel Chocula").

I also liked the bit with Molly and Lorne Michaels - how they just kept pulling out all kinds of 90's pop culture references one after the other.

"I have Xbox"

"I loved my cat like a child, too. I was pregnant with my cat. I had a cat baby."

I liked when Molly was finished doing the female comic jokes, they cut back to her (unknowingly to her) and you could see her come out of character as she walked off the set. She just cracked this big smile on her face that was like, "that was totally fun"

3. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Molly was looking very good. She's aged well.

I never liked her on the show when she was on it originally. But I have to admit, she was pretty good last night.

The Lorne Michaels sketch really got me. That was hilarious. Particularly having watched "SNL in the 90's" a couple of weeks ago. :up:

4. bidger

bidger New Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    Amazing how there's a pile-on for SNLs that folks consider mediocre or below average, but it's almost stone cold silence when there's a good one.

Molly was excellent and I especially liked the Sopranos bit, couldn't stop laughing over the "camel toe". Only thing lacking was the musical guest, but, more often than not, that's usually the case.

5. EchoBravo

EchoBravo TV-MA LSV

Apr 20, 2002
    PHX, AZ
    I'll be the odd man out. I didn't particularly like this episode. I was never a big Molly Shannon fan when she was on the cast and didn't really care for her last night.

There were a couple of funny bits, but it wasn't one of my favs of the year.

6. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    This is where I'm at, too. I pretty much couldn't stand any of Molly's recurring characters when she was on it, and they managed to bring everyone of them back to remind me of it. (Mary Catherine Gallagher, "I'm 50", and "Don't get me started.") "I'm 50" ruined what could have been the skit of the season with the Soprano's guys. It was still very funny, but no Molly would have made it better.

I honestly think this was one of my least favorite of the season. Oh, well.

7. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    I *never* watch SNL anymore.. but my Tivo happened to catch this episode on a suggestion...

Molly Shannon was a treat... MKG was a great moment .. as was the '90's SNL' I pretty much fast forwarded all the other skits, as nothing was that interesting.

Although, the last 'Mcgruber' skit that was a parody of David hasselhoff had me in tears. I told my wife that it made all the other McGruber skits worth it.

8. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    OMG, that had me ROFL. :D

9. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    First time in years that I had a solid grin on my face for the entire show. Loved the blind grillmaster!

10. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    Blind Grillmaster and McGruber had me laughing hard. I just don't like Molly Shannon.