1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanctuary won't be back...

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, May 21, 2012.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Canceled after four seasons...and more here...

2. pkscout

pkscout Active Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    That's too bad. I enjoyed the show and will miss it. It was very inconsistent in terms of quality over the years though, but it still averaged out to a good show. I'm a huge Science Fiction fan, but with Sanctuary and Eureka gone, I think I'm down to just three things on SyFy (Being Human, Alphas, and Warehouse 13).

3. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    Not the greatest show in the world, nor did it have the highest budget in the world, but I liked it. I knew what to expect, which meant I wasn't too disappointed in the CGI when it fell flat, and enjoyed the stories. It seemed to be getting better at the end of the 4th season as well.

I'm not surprised though.

Greg

4. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Actually, I thought they sort of phoned-in Season 4. Rehashed some episodes (most notably, the shapeshifter/mindreader creature, this time on a boat not in a plane) and did some jump-the-shark episodes (one where everyone had to sing, to get thru to a possessed character of course). I still liked it, but I thought they were just treading water, trying to get through the season. The story arc about the Hollow Earth abnormals was pretty interesting.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    To quote Isaac Hayes, "Dr. Magnus was a baaaaad mothershutyourmouth"

6. refried

refried New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Brunswick, ME
    If they had announced the cancellation during the last season I probably would have been happy. I was really getting sick of the corner they painted themselves into. I wasn't really sure why I was still watching. But they ended the season is a position to restart the series and get back to the interesting parts of creature exploration. Now I am a bit disappointed.

7. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I thought it was tailing off in the last season, and that they had gone about as far as they could. IMHO it was on the verge of totally jumping the shark, instead they skied up to the shark pen and turned around. And the S4 finale did a decent job of closing the series.

8. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    At least they sort of ended it in hollow earth.