1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung sir 4040 directv dvr

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by sssteven61, Aug 10, 2012.

1. sssteven61

sssteven61 New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    ive tried everything in these forems to get it to work i think it gets stuck everytime on final step acquiring information at 77 78 or 79 percent then it dont do anything cant watch recorded shows cuz there all gone and when u try to go to live tv it wont how can i fix it AND i have tried putting a hard drive from a hughes dvr in the samsund and it works everthing works ecept it wont record anything so can u help me please

2. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    A little punctuation goes a long way in getting people to take your post seriously.;)

3. sssteven61

sssteven61 New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    hey iam sorry english was my worst subject and i had to quit school at 15 to take care of my brothers and sisters cuz parents got killed by a drunk driver and if i didnt they would have been split up and in the system so sorry i cant spell worth a **** but get by iam 51 and still making it

4. sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    What software version are you running? If it is older than 6.4a that could be one possible explanation for why it is taking so long to acquire the satellite information.