1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same New Show Recorded Twice

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by RusRus, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Nov 1, 2013 #1 of 10
    RusRus

RusRus New Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Chula Vista, CA
    I had one show recorded twice at the same time and sames channel. Obviously my Roamio must have recorded this show on two different tuners.

Anyone else experience this?

2. Nov 1, 2013 #2 of 10
    Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Do you have two things that could have requested it? Like a Season Pass AND a Wish List or Collection?

3. Nov 1, 2013 #3 of 10
    rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Are you sure they aren't partial recordings? Maybe your TiVo rebooting in the middle of recording?

4. Nov 1, 2013 #4 of 10
    anthonymoody

anthonymoody New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    I've had this happen with HGTV series, for which I have season passes. I don't have suggestions or anything else enabled that would record the show.

For example, Property Brothers. I have it set - as I do all season passes - to record New episodes only, to keep unless space is needed, and no count limit on the number of episodes.

For some, but not all episodes, in the list they will appear twice. One is labeled New, the other is not. But they're both listed, consecutively in the list.

Hasn't been a big problem as there is so much recording space. Still annoying though. I chalked it up to had program guide data but if it's a TiVo problem hopefully they can fix it.

5. Nov 1, 2013 #5 of 10
    cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Does the one not labeled New have a generic description and no episode number?

It could be both a guide data problem and a TiVo problem. When it first hits the guide, it might have a generic description and is set to record. As the record date gets closer, an episode number and description is added. The TiVo could be adding it as another recording rather than replacing the generic recording.

6. Nov 1, 2013 #6 of 10
    mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I have definitely seen this happen on my Premiere 4. I *think* a wishlist and a suggestion of the same show. I'm _almost_ positive I saw it on my TivoHD and/or series 3 too.

7. Nov 2, 2013 #7 of 10
    dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    HGTV does it to me all the time with bad show ID data, I don't blame Tivo for this one.

8. Nov 2, 2013 #8 of 10
    anthonymoody

anthonymoody New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Thanks Diane. Always good to know I'm not alone!

And cherry you are correct the episodes not labeled new are generic with no specific description of the episode. What you describe must be the case...

9. Nov 2, 2013 #9 of 10
    dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I have a season pass for House Hunters Renovation, and out of 20+ recordings less than 5 have full correct guide data with season and episode data, the others are a hodge podge of random and generic data that makes it impossible to tell, I usually have at least 3 copies of the same episodes with different guide data going from full to minimal, all in the same week.

10. anthonymoody

anthonymoody New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    I think our season pass lists must be very similar :)

I haven't realized how many copies may exist. Such a bummer as I watch several shows on the network. It hasn't been an issue yet due to the size of the drive but still annoying.