1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same Channel - 1 show is fine, the other is pixelated

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by spencerl, Dec 28, 2012.

1. spencerl

spencerl Spencer L

Dec 28, 2012
    Ohio
    I have a brand new Premiere XL that was bought for one purpose - recording The Young & The Restless for my wife. This is the only program that will not record so that it is remotely viewable. we tried recording the show right after that one on the same channel and it plays back without any issues.

We do not have cable, so everything is being recorded off an antenna. Haven't had 1 issue with any other recordings, just this one show.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Was there any overlap between the two shows? If so then the second show may have been recoded with the other tuner which could mean you have a bad tuner.

Dan

3. spencerl

spencerl Spencer L

Dec 28, 2012
    Ohio
    The 2nd show was recently (today) added as a test. The only thing we can figure out is that the show in question Y&R) is the only show in the Season Pass. All the other shows we have recorded (at least for the week we have had the unit) are selected individually. We do have one other series in Season Pass, but they have not been aired recently due to the holiday.

4. spencerl

spencerl Spencer L

Dec 28, 2012
    Ohio
    Is there a way to determine which tuner is recording? Is there some sort of log/history that I could look at?

5. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    No log, but you can test it right now. Setup two recordings right now that are on at the same time. Once they start recording check the System Information->DVR Diagnostics screen to see which tuner is recording what. After they're done check them and see if either has pixelation. If one does then do the test again, but on two completely different channels. If the show recorded on the same tuner as the first one also has pixelation then you definitely have a bad tuner.

Dan

6. spencerl

spencerl Spencer L

Dec 28, 2012
    Ohio
    Will do. Have 2 shows set up to record at 5pm. Will do the same at 6pm on different channels and let you know what happens. Thanks for the help!!!

7. spencerl

spencerl Spencer L

Dec 28, 2012
    Ohio
    All 4 shows are fine. I reset the show in question in the Season Pass and I'll see what happens next week.

8. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    It's not impossible that the pixelation occurred before the signal got to your local CBS broadcast affiliate.

9. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You could always hook up a pair of rabbit ears and see if you can pickup the channel OTA. That would tell you if the pixelation is in he source or being introduced by your cable company.

Dan