1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad day selling my 3 Tivo's :(

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by ScoobyDooZ, Feb 12, 2012.

1. ScoobyDooZ

ScoobyDooZ New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Sad to see them go but we are having a loft conversion and need the room in the loft :/

Main tivo and two imaculate boxed spares all on ebay.

Have a virgin tivo now and apart from HD can't see much if any improvlement over the original. It's even worse when it comes to deleting stuff.

If anyone interested links here:

MOD EDIT: sorry - direct links now allowed

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    You could have used them for decoration or turned them on end and used them as shelf supports.:)

3. mrtickle

mrtickle New Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Birmingham, UK
    Sad, but I note from your auction description you say that you have to install the AltEPG image to use it - that's not the case otherwise the vast majority using the standard 2.5.5 image would have been really pissed off!

It's a 1-line change to a file to use the standard image with the AltEPG server.

4. johala_reewi

johala_reewi New Member

Oct 30, 2002
    Southampton UK
    I am using my 2.5.5 Tivo with the Altepg service and didn't have to do any file changes. :)

5. ScoobyDooZ

ScoobyDooZ New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Nearly ending. No bids yet but loads of watchers. Shame as they are in v good condition.

6. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    Just not worth that much without a network card or 1 TB disc I'm afraid :(

7. ScoobyDooZ

ScoobyDooZ New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Didn't sell so relisted :/

8. Richard Loxley

Richard Loxley New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Bristol, UK
    If you're serious about selling I'd suggest dropping the start bid down to something like 99p.

They're very unlikely to attract bids starting at £19.99, particularly when you look at the completed sales listings, many have final prices below your starting price.

You might have luck if you set a Buy It Now price, as you then get someone who's willing to pay a premium not to wait and have to bid.

Just friendly advice, I wouldn't be bidding myself. I've already got 3 Tivos - the last two of which each cost me a £10 donation to charity.

9. ScoobyDooZ

ScoobyDooZ New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Thanks just came back to this, no free listing day today so had to list at 99p to get free listing. Sold a Little portable for 99p this week. Will be a shame to see these go to the tip.

10. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    Don't send them to the tip :( If they don't sell I'll come and rescue them

11. ScoobyDooZ

ScoobyDooZ New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Have a PM about one fo them. Had loads of watchers and bids of 99p. That doesn't even cover the cost of the new phone cables I bought for them so it's free listing day today, so will reliest with the cables. :)

12. ScoobyDooZ

ScoobyDooZ New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Hi I have sold two and just my main one left.

I have also just found my Network card, is it straight forward to set up? (Putting the card in is the easy bit)

13. DX30

DX30 New Member

May 22, 2005
    You don't mention the type of card but the AltEPG image probably includes the required drivers. With a standard image you can put the drive in a PC and install the required drivers, but if you need to do that it's probably as easy to reimage the drive with AltEPG anyway. Your biggest problem is likely to be finding a suitable PC (IDE only, no SATA).

Have you considered just listing the network card on its own? It's probably more in demand than the TiVo itself.

14. a_tivo_noob

a_tivo_noob New Member

Jan 1, 2004
    ... and a hell of a lot easier to post :D

15. Nero2

Nero2 New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    UK
    They were mine I believe. :)

16. ScoobyDooZ

ScoobyDooZ New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Hi I have a couple of PC's with IDE and have imaged a drive before, although it was about 5 years ago.

The Tivo I have when I power on searchs for a card. The card I have is a one from a guy on these forums was selling / making (from new zealand).

I might have a read and set aside a morning to get to grips with it all again.

17. DaveMax

DaveMax New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Coventry, UK
    Spitfires (or anyone else out there)
    I am clearing out my old tech, and have a Thomson TiVo to let go of (was working, but no HDD in it now. My wife still misses it's simplicity, but no digital, let alone HD have made it obsolete.
    If anyone wants it to play with, they can have it for the price of delivery (or could pick it up from Kenilworth, Warks)
    End of an era
    Regards
    Dave

18. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    Hi Dave, I'll be very pleased to give your TiVo a new home - PM sent.

19. DaveMax

DaveMax New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Coventry, UK
    Sorry Spitfires - missed your PM as my email domain was moving from one host to another.... and not allowed to PM you - Can you resend?
    Ta
    Dave

20. DaveMax

DaveMax New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Coventry, UK
    Haven't heard anything, so there will be one less surviving TiVo from next week.