1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S2 Volume Cuts Out Occasionally

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MAGICCPA, Jun 26, 2007.

1. MAGICCPA

MAGICCPA New Member

Feb 18, 2003
    GREAT NECK, NY
    I have a S2 with a 290MB Drive. Every 5-10 days the volume on program that is being recorded cuts out during recording. It will continue to be off even for subsequent programs. I usually can clear the problem by a combinations of switching channels and turning the TV on and off. The problem is not the TV since if I switch the TV to auxiliary it works fine on a live channel. This can happen on any channel.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Need a bit more info ....

* what's your video source (cable, cable box, satellite receiver)?
    * how is that source connected to your Tivo?
    * how is the Tivo connected to your TV?
    * when you're able to clear the problem, do those "bad" recordings then have audio?

3. MAGICCPA

MAGICCPA New Member

Feb 18, 2003
    GREAT NECK, NY
    I use a cable box. The cable is connected to the cable box. The output from the box goes to the TIVO. The TIVO output goes to the TV.

I do not have "bad" recordings. The problem is that the audio stops in durring a recording and will not go back on until I fool around with the channels and/or other controls. I have had this TIVO for several years without this kind of problem in the past.

After I clear the problem, the recordings that lost the audio do not correct themselves. The audio was not recorded.

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    My first guess is the cable box is the problem.

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    I agree with Jim .... sounds like a Cable Box problem. How is the AUDIO connected from your Cable Box to the Tivo? Are you using the single coax cable connection, or red/white RCA audio cables?