1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running Movieloader on a Pogoplug?

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by derelict, Jun 20, 2012.

1. derelict

derelict New Member

Apr 19, 2005
    I have a few S2 DTivos that I am thinking about moving from 6.2a to 6.4a because of the issues with the locals. Losing MRV is a bit of a blow, but I am thinking of using Movieloader with 4.2a as suggested by others here. Currently the only dedicated server I have on my home network is a Pogoplug Pro running Archlinux. I use this to extract files from my DTivos as they start getting full using mfs_ftp.

Does anyone know if movieloader can be run on a pogoplug or some other low power embedded type of server? I am not crazy about installing a full computer/server on my home network just to enable movieloader if possible...

2. derelict

derelict New Member

Apr 19, 2005
    OK no takers :(

I'm thinking I will try this since movieloader is written in Java, there is a chance I can get it to work. Maybe I can ask a different question. Is there a way to test if movieloader is really working if I don't have a 6.4a box? Or is the only way to test it out is to upgrade my unit?

3. CrashHD

CrashHD I am the me.

Nov 10, 2006
    MO, USA
    I don't know what a pogoplug is, but I do know you can find an old, low-spec laptop pretty cheap on craigslist, ebay, or even a garage sale. a few adjustments to power profiles, and it will run with the lid closed and the screen off. The laptop I'm posting this from right now, is using 15 watts, with the display on, and the processor basically idling.

I know it's not the answer to the question you asked, but it is another way you could go. Good luck.

4. derelict

derelict New Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Thanks CrashHD, I did follow your suggestion and bought a netbook for this purpose... got it really cheap and it will run with the lid closed so low power draw.. thanks!