1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Rules of Engagement' - Renewed

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, May 21, 2012.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    Ohio
  2. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Glad to hear it. I enjoy the show, even though it has very broad, predictable humor.

3. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yea. Always reliable for a few good laughs.

4. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Glad.

The role of veteran utility player. The show was not very good to start but has become a solid standard sitcom. I enjoy it.

5. Todd

Todd Gee thanks Jeremy...

Oct 7, 1999
    S.E. Virginia
    Happy it's been renewed, but not happy it's not for full season. I find it hilarious and on par with Big Bang. Jeff is a great character on the show.

6. Grasshopper AZ

Grasshopper AZ Active Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Glendale, AZ
    Yay! I love this show I just wish it would get picked up for a full season.

I know it is entirely predictable but it is hilarious. The "Children's Hospital" was great.

7. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I'm glad this got a thread. I have never seen a single second of this show and I always wonder why it's still on the air since nobody ever talks about it. It's nice to know there are some fans out there. I might check it out someday.

8. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    Ohio
    I enjoyed the "Shy Dial" episode this season.

"Rules" is close to the 100 episode syndication mark. I'm sure CBS would more then happy to option the series after production has stopped.

9. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I think I've made this comparison before, but this show is a lot like "'Til Death", though I admit I like this show a lot better.. However, "utility player" is right. Neither is absolutely hilarious, but I keep watching them..

10. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yay! Another yay because I thought I was the show's only fan. No, it's not GREAT tv, but it's funny. I like Warburton and Spade. Hudson - meh.

I simply love Timmy and the whole Timmy/Russell dynamic.

11. Grasshopper AZ

Grasshopper AZ Active Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Glendale, AZ
    I agree with this completely. I also love Megyn Price (she has been a favorite in our house since Mystery Alaska and Grounded for Life)

And Sara Rue has been really funny as the surrogate

12. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I love Hudson as the himbo. The episode where he wanted to find street kids and play with them was great. The rest of the cast is great too. This is always a solid comedy. Rarely a bad episode (unlike this season of Modern Family).

13. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I love this show too. It's not the greatest comedy of all time but I laugh at least once, if not more, each episode so I consider that a win. Timmy usually gets me laughing the most. I just love his deadpan delivery.

14. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    This show is like iced oatmeal cookies and milk - a nice little snack.

:)

15. Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    Round Rock, TX
    I love this show. It never takes itself too seriously. It just keeps on rolling. I imagine it could do better if CBS supported it. They just bat it around the schedule, but fans definitely stick with it.

16. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    My wife and I love this show, especially Hudson and Warburton. Those two crack me up!

I know one of my coworkers really likes it too because we always talk about it at work!

17. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    Hudson is the weakest one of the group for both my Wife and I. Jeff's dry humor is really entertaining.

18. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    My word for RoE: solid.

It's not cutting edge or laugh-out-loud hilarious. But it's consistently funny.

19. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    When the show first started, I really wished they'd get rid of David Spade. I figured it could just be a couple's comedy with the two couples. But over the years they've toned down his "Spade-isms" and by adding Timmy as his "significant other," I think the show would really lose something without that pair.

20. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I agree. He is the weakest part for me. I am not a fan of his at all. But since they added Timmy as his target and his foil, I really like the show better!