1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Atomike, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Atomike

Atomike New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    In my area (and perhaps others) Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer was scheduled to air on Thursday (22nd). It is listed in the paper, and was on my Tivo schedule. As of yesterday, it has been replaced with the ever-lame "Without a Trace". A repeat at that. Let your 80-year old grandparents know they can catch an extra episode of their favorite show - their joy may partially make up for the trauma experienced by millions of kids. Nice going, CBS.

2. Atomike

Atomike New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    If you are personally offering to buy a DVD for all the disappointed kids who will miss the show, then you have a valid point! Otherwise, wasted bandwidth.

3. dd9

dd9 New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    Boston, MA, USA
    Rudolph was on a few weeks ago on ABC Family.

4. Trebor1

Trebor1 New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    I believe ABC family or Hallmark are running a marathon of these christmas classics on the 24th...check your local listings

5. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Too bad it wasn't saved to VHS a while ago. Maybe for the future?

Just try looking for it again. I would think that it would have multiple showings through Sunday.

6. nethead12

nethead12 New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Gainesville,...
    hmm, what is this thing called VHS? :)

There is this new thing calld a DVD( ;) ), picked it up at costco on sale, nice holiday pak of shows from the past....

7. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I don't have a DVD burner. Also the majority of folks who wanted to save this one have a VHS tape floating around somewhere.

8. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Yeah, but it was going to be in HD on CBS. I don't know if the OP knows this, but CBS has already shown Rudolph once this month.

I caught the first HD showing a couple of weeks ago and the old cartoon looked great. Very good restoration. I had heard then that they were going to show it twice and I thought that was sort of strange. Doesn't surprise me that they would drop the second showing.

9. nickg2

nickg2 New Member

Oct 28, 2005
    i'm mad because the last few minutes or so got cut off right after they landed on the Island of Misfit Toys!!! GRRRRRR!!!!!!

10. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    Yet they still didn't fix the copyright date. MCLXIV (1164) instead of MCMLXIV (1964).

Wait... cartoon? Wasn't it claymation?