1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS-TX60 crashed ???

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by CreepinDeth, Jul 13, 2012.

1. CreepinDeth

CreepinDeth New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Guys, I read through the other thread asking for an image, but I'm still not sure EXACTLY what my issue is.
    I haven't used my Toshiba RS-TX60 in a few years and I'm hooking it up now and it's not working.
    Trying to get this bad boy up for my son to use.

When it is booting up, it shows the Welcome screen and within 10-15 seconds goes all white.
    I left it on for 30 minutes hoping that would change, but it didn't. It's just dead in the water with a white screen.
    Both the left and right indicator lights are on steady and never go off.

Is this a HDD failure ?? Is there any steps I missed to fix this besides re-imaging it ??
    BTW If it's just a re-image, I saw Pucku hosted the image again, I'd kindly ask to get a PM if that's possible ?? :D

2. CreepinDeth

CreepinDeth New Member

Jul 13, 2012
  3. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    Do you remember if it's set to progressive mode? I think you might have been using it with a HD TV before and are trying with an SD box now. Something along those lines. It can't hurt to check that out.

I know that it will show the boot screens when this happens... you just have to figure out a way to get it to the right video format so that you can see it after it boots.

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If it's white,and not light gray, I'd go with magnus's answer first.

5. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Find and read the SATA/IDE adapter thread.

If you're getting a new drive, you should go ahead and go for a 1TB.

And you should search the "need an image, don't pm me" thread for anybody offering an image for your model, just in case we can't get on off of your current drive.

Unless magnus is right and there's nothing wrong with the current drive.