1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romio Basic OTA - Searching for a signal on this Channel. (V52)

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bwperez, Aug 26, 2013.

1. bwperez

bwperez New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I posted this in another thread but thought it might be better to post it in it's own thread.

I got my Tivo Romio today, threw in a 2GB harddrive and connected up the OTA. Everything was great until later this evening when I tried channel surfing when guess what. I hit a V52 error message.

Searching for a signal on this channel. (v52)

I have figured out that the problem is if you are trying to use the 3rd tuner. I was able to reproduce the problem by recording two programs then changing to another channel. If I canceled one of the recordings I was then able to tune the channel it was complaining about.

Called up tivo and they are shipping me a replacement. I really suspect this is a software issue but I'll take the replacement all the same.

Brian

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    This is why some of us recommend waiting 90 days to upgrade. Always better to run the TiVo through its paces to make sure everything works 100%.

3. bwperez

bwperez New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Yes, I really should have waited... but I was impatient. Fortunately Tivo didn't call me out on the harddrive upgrade.

4. bwperez

bwperez New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I figured I'd let people know that my replacement Tivo works great. No issues at all. Maybe it wasn't a software problem.

5. ncbill

ncbill Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Western NC
    Had the same problem - got my replacement - hope it was *just* the drive or power supply.