1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romeo can't see HDXL programs on network

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by IMD, Nov 3, 2013.

1. IMD

IMD New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    I added a Romeo Plus to my home network two days ago, and can't view the programs on my older HDXL from the newer Romeo. The network connection comes into the house through a cable modem, then through an Apple Airport Gigabit router, and then to an Asante FS5008c 10/100 switch. Both Tivo's are fed from the Asante switch, and show up in the Now Playing list on the other Tivo. However, while I can see the recorded programs on the Roamio from the HDXL, I cannot see any of the programs on the HDXL from the Roamio. Instead, I get an error message that "a network error has occurred." I have verified that both Tivo's have an active internet connection by connecting to Tivo central and by streaming Netflix.

Any suggestions? The error message isn't very diagnostic.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Try reboot both Tivos and your router. Also, on your Tivo.com account, go to DVR Preferences and make sure the boxes for transfer and downloads are checked for all Tivos.

3. IMD

IMD New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    I did all this, and so far no change. Arghh!

4. mrbubbles

mrbubbles New Member

Apr 12, 2003
    This happened to me as well until I forced the old TiVo (in my case a TiVoHD) to call into TiVo service. Then it "sees" the new TiVo as allowed. The "a network error has occurred" message is deceiving.

5. IMD

IMD New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    This did the trick, thanks!