1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Breaking News - The sale is back... "Our “once in a lifetime” PLS promotion was such a hit, that we’ve decided to launch it again! The PLS Transfer Sale will be available again for the last 3 days of the month. This will include the BOLT+ 3TB, and 4 refurb units (BOLT 500GB, BOLT 1T, Roamio Pro and the TiVo Mini)." https://www.tivo.com/secondchancelifetimesale#/secondchancelifetimesale

Romeio questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ninjagator, Dec 18, 2013.

1. ninjagator

ninjagator New Member

Aug 10, 2003
    Two questions about romeio

1. Will it stream movies that are on my computer?

2. Since the remote it RF will the tivo convert the signal to a IR blaster to control other equipment?

2. StevesWeb

StevesWeb Grumpy Old Geek

Dec 26, 2008
    Geek Hill,...
    Yes, you can run a program on a PC or Mac to serve media files to your TiVo

The Roamio remote includes both RF and IR, it knows to use IR for other devices. It seems to be a bright IR beam as it controls several of my devices well when it is not aimed terribly accurately.

3. ninjagator

ninjagator New Member

Aug 10, 2003
    1. Cool...does iTunes work? If I have a few hundred movies on my computer what does the interface look like to choose one on the romeio?

2. My equipment is locked in a closet. Ir does not work. Looks like there is a port on the back for a it blaster. Anyone try it to control the stereo?

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Even though your equipment is in a cabinet, your TV is not and the IR will get to it. No IR blaster in any form it can use.

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    The port you're seeing on the back is most likely the mini composite jack, for use with a breakout cable to hook up to an analog TV.