1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio wont conntect to other tivos in network

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tough joe, Sep 12, 2013.

1. tough joe

tough joe New Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Here is my set up.

I have 2 XL4's, one Tivo HD, and 1 Roamio Pro. They all connect to each other, to the network and handle room to room transfers well.

I just bought a new Roamio from TiVo.com It was delivered on Tuesday. I installed it on Tuesday, activated my new unit on TiVo.com, and paired the cable card on Tuesday. Waiting 24 hours, Wednesday night, I forced a connection on all my units and afterwards I restarted all units. I then went on TiVo.com and used the season pass manager to transfer passes to the new Roamio. (it worked great).

1 XL4 wired connection (signal strength 100%)
    1 XL4 connected wirelessly (signal strength 82%)
    1 Roamio connected wirelessly (signal strength 77%)
    New Roamio connected wirelessly (signal strength 24%)

The new Roamio can "see" the other TiVo's in the network under "My Shows", but they are "orange exclamation point" "!"... and gives me a "cant connect c423 error". I called TiVo and they forced a connection to all my units on their end, and said to call back in 30 minutes. I went to sleep.

10 hours later - still the same problem. Before I call tech support, does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this?

I just checked my wireless signal on the Roamio settings - it is at 24 % (marginal). even though its 3 feet from the router ?? Would that be the cause of the issue?

Thanks
    Anthony

2. StevesWeb

StevesWeb Grumpy Old Geek

Dec 26, 2008
    Geek Hill,...

If your router is 3 feet from your Roamio it seems it would be feasible to connect it via Ethernet cable. If you do that your problems will quite likely be gone.

3. tough joe

tough joe New Member

Sep 16, 2006
    yea - its a port issue - or lack of available ports...

but yes, once i used the ethernet cable, she works like a charm...

now how to add extra ports to my all in one att uverse cable modem/ router?

4. Goober96

Goober96 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    Get a switch.

5. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Buy a switch, connect a port on the ethernet switch to your existing router, connect other devices to the switch.

6. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Be careful and make sure it isn't a "green" switch. If it has 'green' in the product name or on the packaging or has any type of 'eco' wording, earth icon, or green leaf symbol you might want to pick a different model to avoid any potential issues.

7. PHeadland

PHeadland New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    San Mateo, CA

8. temitch

temitch New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Instead of buying switches for your XL4 units you could enable moca and connect with your existing coax connection.

9. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    I am interested in how you manage to connect and utilize the Roamio Pro on an ATT U-verse system. TiVo's FAQ for the Roamio indicate that there is "no product compatibility"

michael

10. ShayL

ShayL Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The poster might be utilizing uverse for internet access instead of both internet / TV.