1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Wishlist - no HD category

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by gibbyscott, Aug 27, 2013.

1. gibbyscott

gibbyscott New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    Title says it all - when I create a wishlist, there is no HD only category like there was in the Premier.

I like to record anything that has the keyword Hawaii - and I only like to see HD shows, after all SD Hawaii is not the same :)

2. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    After you create the Wishlist, go back in to modify recording to HD only. It is a two step process.

3. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    If you don't want SD, turn off all your SD channels. That is what I do. Problem solved.

4. gibbyscott

gibbyscott New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    I am not seeing that HD option anywhere. I have a Premier and its obviously there. I am guessing you do not have the Roamio?

5. gibbyscott

gibbyscott New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    I would but there are still some SD shows I watch for other things. Believe me, I wish all my channels were HD only. Thanks Verizon.

6. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    There's a bug in the program. I got a Roamio Pro. Go to your Wishlist, then Wishlist Info, then Modify Recording Options, then Save Wishlist With These Options, then Wishlist Info, then Wishlist Options. It should appear after Keep Until.

I had to sometimes repeat the whole sequence twice to get the HD Option.

7. backspaces

backspaces New Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Just tried it, apparently editing the wishlist turns auto-record back on, fine. But when I choose HD-only, then turn auto-record back off, the rest of the options gray out, including HD, and I don't get the HD option in the wishlist.

So it seems like I can
    - Auto-record the entire wishlist in HD
    - Don't auto-record but then get offered SD as well as HD when I look for programs in the wishlist.

And yes, I look at wishlist like a bookmark that I can chose individual programs from.

Other than turning off all HD channels, is there another solution?

8. nooneuknow

nooneuknow TiVo User Since 2007

Feb 5, 2011
    Cox Cable...
    +1 For wanting the choice to record SD only, especially when it comes to ARWL!

Besides it being a PITA to get only what I want, I actually want it in SD, so I'm not using space for HD on syndicated reruns, etc.

9. backspaces

backspaces New Member

Sep 13, 2005
    I agree that sometimes I want SD, and indeed is one of the reasons it needs to be an option per wishlist, which I'm fine with.

I contacted TiVo, btw, got a chat that basically says you can't set up a non-auto-record wishlist with HD as a requirement, and that I should enter it in a request to TiVo, which I did.

10. FitzAusTex

FitzAusTex Member

May 7, 2014
    And this whole subject was particularly perplexing in my Time Warner region where they recently combined the SD and HD channels into one channel number. Other than locals in the 1200 range, there are no longer any HD channels tagged as HD by the Tivo. Thus, wishlists tagged as HD Only find nothing.

I had to go back and turn off HD Only for all wishlists. Just mentioning it in the event your provider changes the channel lineup in this manner.

11. cliffdunaway

cliffdunaway New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    I realize this is 2 years old, but I figured out a solution:
    1. In the Wishlist, select the auto-record option
    2. Change "Get only in HD" to Yes
    3. Save Wishlist (Leave auto-record ON!)
    4. Under Wishlist Info, select "Don't auto-record shows"
    5. Yes, stop auto-recording.
    Look in Upcoming, and you will see only HD channels. :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  12. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    This info was posted over a year ago, 3-31-2015

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=10455806#post10455806

13. ej42137

ej42137 Active Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    "Well, if you're not going to record it, what difference does it make whether it's HD or not?" is what probably went through Mr. TiVo Coder's head at that point, forgetting that lots of stuff is recorded from the wishlist.

Of course, nowadays the HD flag is missing from a lot of content that is actually broadcast in HD; so using this work-around is probably not the best idea. For example, I set up a Wish List for "Faye Dunaway"; all the movies found were on HD channels, but when I added the HD-only setting to the wishlist, more than half were excluded even though they were being broadcast on an HD channel.

Edit: I guess my comment wasn't clear; I was agreeing that not having an HD-only option on the Wish List is a mistake, even though HD-only does not work well.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  14. cliffdunaway

cliffdunaway New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Richmond, VA
  15. cliffdunaway

cliffdunaway New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    I do plan to record some; I don't want to auto-record every listing in the wishlist.
    One example where it can be useful is a wishlist for movies with a certain actor. If you are viewing all of your wishlists at once, then only the first 10 listings are shown for each wishlist. For popular actors, you might only see a day or two. But if set to HD then only the HD channels are in the wishlist, so you have a better chance of seeing a week's worth, which is how often I check my wishlists.