1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio wifi streaming

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Static, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Static

Static New Member

Apr 13, 2006
    How is it? The router is across the hall for me and would be hard to hard wire. I would need to drop down a heat duct then go back up another... So has anyone had good luck with wifi streaming?
    My tv is smart with wifi and the Netflix app works great...

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    My Roamio Basic uses WiFi and it has been rock solid for me. But I also have a signal strength of 90% to 100% and get link rates of 270M and 300M over 5Ghz. Transfer rates over wireless have been the same as over a wired connection. They both max out around 95Mb/s.
    I can stream to multiple devices concurrently from the Roamio BAsic with no issues.

3. Static

Static New Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Ok so if I have a premiere hd and get a roamio... Do I need anything else to share shows between them? Is there any restrictions as to what can be shared?

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    That's up to the cable provider. But for instance here on FiOS, I can stream content from all the channels, but I cannot transfer content from HBO for Cinemax. I'm only allowed to stream content from those channels.

5. Static

Static New Member

Apr 13, 2006
    If it's on box a can I just stream to box b? And not have to copy it?

6. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes, you would be able to stream anything between the Premiere and Roamio, regardless of transfer restrictions (CCI byte = 0x02).

7. Starfury9

Starfury9 New Member

Nov 1, 2013
    In my house, I have a hard time getting the Roamio to even keep a connection to the internet over Wifi. I moved my router and modem next to the Roamio, so it could be hard-wired. There are too many wifi networks around our house all conflicting with each other. I've tried changing channels, but nothing seems to work.

On the plus side, since I have hard-wired the Roamio, it makes it so I can use it as a MoCa bridge, so the mini in the other room can just use MoCa.

I do plan on wiring my house for ethernet sooner or later.

I wish you good luck if you are attempting to stream via wifi.