1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio + tuning adapter = suggestions?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by DaveDFW, Aug 26, 2013.

1. DaveDFW

DaveDFW Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Richardson, TX
    Tivo has acknowledged that certain Premieres attached to tuning adapters fail to record suggestions. Tivo Margret mentioned a fix was planned for the upcoming fall update.

Do we have any data on whether this failure mode is still present on the Roamio platform?

It's possible that only those end users who experienced the failure with a Premiere and have now upgraded to a Roamio will have an answer.

2. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    My Roamio is recording suggestions just fine and I was having those issues with my Elite.

3. DaveDFW

DaveDFW Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Richardson, TX
    I hope the bug is fixed! I will discover for myself later this week. :)

4. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Hard to say. The bug will fix itself for a couple of weeks if the TA is unplugged for a bit but so far so good on the suggestions with my plus.

5. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    How long did it take for your Roamio to start recording suggestions after you set it up? It's been about 14 hours for me and I still don't see any suggestions.

Thank you.

6. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    I don't know exactly but much of the Tivo functionality doesn't kick in immediately (may take up to a couple of days for some things). But, within a day I went though some of my favorite channels and was giving thumb ratings to the shows I watch. Since installing a week ago, I have about 80-90 suggestions recorded now.

7. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Thank you, I'll continue to cross my fingers that suggestions start to appear as the only way I could get them working with my XL4 was to put the tuning adapter on a timer and I certainly don't want to have to go through that again:thumbsdown:

Also, there's no way that I can find to even see if a list of suggestions are populating on the Roamio like you could in the old HDUI.

8. DaveDFW

DaveDFW Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Richardson, TX
    The suggestions list is in the same place as in the Premiere HDUI:

Find TV, Movies & Videos --> Browse TV --> TV --> Suggestions

My Roamio is successfully populating the list and recording suggestions, without the need for me to intervene by powering down the tuning adapter.