1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio streaming question ...

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by gweempose, Aug 28, 2013.

1. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I just picked up a Roamio Pro today, and I'm trying to figure out how to best integrate it into my home. Can a Roamio only stream shows that are recorded directly on it, or can it stream stuff from other TiVos on the network.

2. stumantexas

stumantexas New Member

Aug 14, 2013
    It can stream shows from other tivo's in the house. I have 3 tivo's and only one is a roamio and I can stream shows from all 3 to my iphone/ipad. It acts just like a tivo streamer, just kept inside the box.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Just to be clear it can stream shows from other Premiers or Roamios on your network. It can not stream from any older TiVos.

4. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Thanks, guys! I was hoping that was the case. The fact that it can't stream from my older TiVos isn't a problem, as I'm planning on selling all three of them and getting some Minis instead. I'm probably going to be selling one of my 2-tuner Premieres as well. With the addition of the 6-tuner Roamio with such a large hard drive, I'm sure I can make do with just the Romio, two Premieres, and 2 Minis.