1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Storage Control

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by sxdcfv, May 7, 2014.

1. sxdcfv

sxdcfv New Member

May 7, 2014
    I'm going to switch from Windows MediaCenter to Roamio plus. Can I set the Tivo to record only new episodes for some shows and new/rerun for others? Can I limit how many episodes of a given show are recorded before the oldest gets deleted/overwritten?

2. kdmorse

kdmorse Active Member

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    1) Yes. Only New Episodes vs Include Reruns is set at the Season Pass/Wishlist level for an individual show.

2) Yes, "Keep At Most: 10" was the default last time I looked. It can be set to other numbers, including :All.

Limited by disk space of course.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Keep in mind when you first start using the Tivo, it will record (what you might consider) repeats for the first couple of weeks. The Tivo will treat repeats as new because it hasn't recorded them before. After about two weeks, this behavior irons itself out.

You can limit how many episodes are recorded a couple of ways.

1) With a season pass set to keep episodes "until space needed", the Tivo will record new episodes until your "keep at most" limit is met, then it will start deleting old episodes as new ones are recorded.

2) With a season pass set to keep episodes "until I delete" (KUID*), the Tivo will record new episodes until your "keep at most" limit is met, then it will stop recording new episodes unless you (a) increase the "keep at most" limit or (b) start deleting old episodes.

* NOTE: It is recommended that you use KUID sparingly if you have a small hard drive, as that setting can cause future scheduling conflicts.