1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio stops streaming to Ipad after 4 minutes

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Wingershute, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Wingershute

Wingershute New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    My Roamio Plus is able to stream live and recorded content. However, after about 4 minutes it just stops streaming and the screen turns black. I am using wifi with an Asus AC router. I know Moca and ethernet are better options but at the moment that's not possible. Anyone else experience this?

2. sirfergy

sirfergy New Member

May 18, 2002
    I have the same issue. Did you get your roamio when it first came out? I suspect they had a bad batch, because the only solution I've heard that works is replacing the unit.

3. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I just replaced my unit due to constant rebooting, and I still cannot stream to my iPad.

4. Andrewp75

Andrewp75 New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Washington DC
    What router do you have? What iPad do you have?

Rebooting everything involved would be first step. and then it would also help to manually set up streaming in the app.

My iPad air streams with little problems, my ipad2 is a little more temperamental.

5. Wingershute

Wingershute New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I've had it for 1.5 months. It was so easy to set up. I hope I don't have to return it even though I purchased the warranty.

6. Wingershute

Wingershute New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Asus RT-AC66U and am using an Ipad2. I'll try rebooting and resetting up streaming. Funny thing is set up was so easy and worked right away. Are you using wifi or ethernet/Moca?

7. Wingershute

Wingershute New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    How long did you own before replacing? What Ipad are you using?

8. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Bought Roamio Pro last August. just replaced it two weeks ago. IPad Air, 16 GB.

9. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Latest Apple Router, iPad Air 16 GB.

10. ohboy710

ohboy710 Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Nothing but problems with streaming here. Ipad 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. vurbano

vurbano New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    I usually get a streaming problem after about 5 minutes with my Ipad or Ipod. I can reconnect a couple of times and the same thing happens.:(
    Does android work? Because apple certainly does not. At first I thought it was my complicated setup using Verizon router with DHCP disabled and Asus Rt-AC68u router but my father has the same problem using COX Motorola cable modem and Asus RT-AC68U with his ipod. Is TIVO ever going to fix this?

12. rucheridee

rucheridee New Member

Dec 21, 2010
    I didn't notice anyone mention downloading. I usually select download instead of watch now & wait for about 10mb and start play. No interruptions this way unless my wifi happens to be really busy.

13. vurbano

vurbano New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    add android to the list above that doesn't work either.:rolleyes:

14. vurbano

vurbano New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    never had a successful download to ipad or android but yet I can download wirelessly to a laptop using tivodesktop in just a few minutes using wireless AC. That just proves its the APP not our bandwidth that is the problem.