1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Remote Control Started Playing Music

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by kealoha311, Aug 29, 2013.

1. kealoha311

kealoha311 New Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Hillsboro,...
    As I was moving around my Roamio Plus to get access to the cable card slot, the remote control started playing music. It startled me at first because I had no idea where it was coming from. I did a quick Google search and couldn't find anything about it. Anyone know what might have been going on?

2. Balzer

Balzer Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    There's a button on the Roamio Plus (and the Pro) that activates the "remote finder" feature.

3. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    The front of the box is touch-sensitive. If you press the little remote "button" (where the auburn light would be) it triggers the remote-finder tune.

The power button will put it in standby, I believe.

4. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    This is one of the coolest features from TiVo that is never talked about.

5. swerver

swerver Member

May 18, 2012
    I wish my premiere/slide combo had it - I still have an extra slide remote that is hiding under a couch cushion somewhere. :) Could really use that one, since I'll be getting a mini soon, I could use it with that.

Anyone know of a dongle for the new roamio rf remote? Ideally I'd keep my other slide (the one that isn't lost) with the roamio and use the new roamio rf remote on my mini. Otherwise I'll have to get that $15 ir extender and use the ir remote.

Which brings up another question - anyone know if those ir extenders are generic? I have one from a small comcast box I used to use, it connected via a headphone style mini-plug. Maybe I could use that and save the $15?

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The Mini IR extender uses USB. Before it was available a few people tried some 3rd party USB IR receivers and they did work, so it seems to be using a generic HID interface. Although based on the ones I saw the one offered by TiVo was the smallest and best looking, so you'll probably just want to stick with that.

7. kealoha311

kealoha311 New Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Hillsboro,...
    Oh wow, thanks for the quick replies. And I'm happy to say that the cable card install went great and everything seems to be working fine.

8. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013