1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Pro says 3 tuners in use by Minis, but.....

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by dcpmark, Nov 21, 2013.

1. dcpmark

dcpmark New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    ......those 3 Minis haven't been used since yesterday and the 4 hours have long expired. In fact, 2 of the Minis weren't used yesterday at all. In the past the Minis have always released the tuners.

Or do the Minis release the tuners just when needed?

2. dcpmark

dcpmark New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Well, just reset the Roamio, and all the tuners are back.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The Minis should release the tuners when they're done. I wonder if maybe your network went out while they were still active and that caused them to not release the tuners properly?

4. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    I've had this happen before, where a Mini kept a tuner overnight. When I turned the Mini's TV on it was on a menu, so it shouldn't have been happening. Re-hitting the Tivo button on the Mini remote released the tuner, but it was odd. Doesn't seem to always be perfect.

5. dcpmark

dcpmark New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Thanks for that tip for the future. I'd rather hit the Tivo button on the Mini remotes than restart the Roamio.

I wonder if this had anything to do with the update. All had updates waiting to install when I restarted the Minis.

6. DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Jupiter, FL
    I run an "off" macro on my Pronto remote that automatically hits the TiVo button on a Mini before the TV off code is sent. This way the Mini releases the tuner when I turn the TV off.