1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Pro remote issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rsnaider, Nov 11, 2013.

1. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I have a Roamio Pro that I installed at the end of September.

Twice now (11/1/13 and 11/10/13), the box has become unresponsive to the remote which is set for RF mode, a 2nd remote (Glo from my Premiere XL), Logitech Harmony One, and the TiVo application on my iPad. In each case any remote button press on any remote will trigger the amber light on the box to flash but the box would not respond. The box would just lock up at some random point, this most recent time while navigating My Shows. Live TV would still be playing in the preview window so the box is not totally locked up.

The only solution was to pull the plug, let the box reboot and then everything worked fine.

I called TiVo support and there have been no other reports of this according to them, but wanted to see if others have seen this or read about others with this issue. I do not want to swap out the box if this is potentially a software bug, but if most feel this is a hardware issue I will go the RMA route.

I figure if this is a software glitch a fix could potentially address this but the 90 day warranty window is something I do not want to miss out on.

Thanks,

2. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Since it would seem this is unique to me based on the lack of response, I have a replacement Pro set to arrive tomorrow.

Hopefully the new box does not have this random issue.

3. jtreid

jtreid New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Reading, PA
    It is not unique to you. It has happened a half dozen times since I got my Roamio Pro. There are a couple of threads about it already.

4. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks for the reply, but I am running a replacement box that arrived this past Friday but like my first it could take weeks for this occur again if it is going to.

Replacement was a brand new box with all the parts so no refurb and if I see this behavior again I will just assume or hope a software update will address this.

5. wwsmith

wwsmith New Member

Jun 9, 2008
    I had this happen last night and opened a support case. Box was unfrozen by the morning, but what should have been a single recording ended up being two partials with about 10 minutes mixing. Where are these other threads?

6. jwbelcher

jwbelcher New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    I experienced a Roamio lock up a while back. It occurred at the same time as a a C133 error where my box wasn't able to communicate with the backend services. I am convinced that the HDUI was waiting for some response from the Tivo services and was timing out. It would freeze periodically, but once the C133 went away, so did the lockups. However watching live tv was unaffected for me. I really hope the HDUI isn't that dependent on real-time communications. At any rate, I expect this is a software issue and don't think an RMA will help anything.

7. 33602Kahuna

33602Kahuna New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I have had issues with my premiere, when background tuners have to change channels on more than one tuner (while I watch live tv). It doesn't happen when I am watching a recorded program.
    Try setting up multiple recordings to happen simultaneously while watching live TV. AND, make sure that non of the new shows are on channels that the Tivo is currently set to.
    My display hangs with the remote unresponsive, ESPECIALLY when i respond to clear the channel change warning message on the screen.