1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Pro questions: CSR way off base?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jrs1968, Nov 22, 2013.

1. jrs1968

jrs1968 New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I have three time warner DVRs in my house, with whole-house viewing (in charlotte, if it matters ;) ).

My kids each have an old TiVo in their rooms- an old S2 with lifetime, and an s2d2

I am thinking about switching one of the TWC DVRs to a roamio pro, so I called to find out what it would take. I talked to a lady at tiro that told me some things that I think are just plain wrong, so I will ask the questions here.

1. TWC Charlotte has several SDV channels. I would still need a tuning adapter, won't I? (The rep said that the tuning adapter was "built in")

2. If I add a TiVo mini to the mix- it will still use a tuner on the Roamio, correct?(she said "no, they don't do that anymore")

Finally- does anyone else in charlotte have one of the 6 tuner models? Any problems getting a CableCard that supports 6 tuners, and did you require a truck roll?
  2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    You're correct about both.

You'll need a TA for the SDV channels and the Minis will borrow a tuner for live TV, but now the tuner will return to the DVR when Live tv is not in use.

It increasingly seems like Tivo's CSR's need a refresher on their products. This has been cropping up more lately.