1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Pro Problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by stecho, Apr 30, 2014.

1. stecho

stecho New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Long time Tivo owner, bought Pro in Sept., had random reboots about monthly and flakey HDMI connection. Finally in March my HDMI port went out. Was sent new Pro as replacement, HDMI connection is good but I continue to get random reboots, since getting "new" Pro in March and I've been getting reboots at least weekly which is even more that my first. Got update last week and got random reboot within 2 days, past 2 days I've gotten 3 reboots, 2 this evening within 1 hour of each other, a real pain during prime-time . Anyone else getting reboots? Any suggestions? I still use my Tivo HD (upgraded with Seagate video HD) it has run for years 24/7. I can't remember my HD ever rebooting and has never had a problem. Love the Roamio's features but kinda losing faith in the Roamio already, luckily I bought extended warranty as I have lifetime.

2. geekmedic

geekmedic TiVo Fanatic TCF Club

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    I had a similar problem with an older TiVo that was due to brown outs. Got a battery backup and never had an issue with them.

I've heard some of the issues with reboots are due to the CableCARDs causing conflicts that causes the TiVo to reboot.

3. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    TiVo Mini reboots were sometimes being caused by HDMI handshake issues. I don't recall people reporting it causing Roamio reboots, but since you mentioned having HDMI problems, there is a possibility that could be a problem. You could try replacing the HDMI cable and getting an HDMI switch to sit between the Roamio and the TV. To keep it even simpler, you could also just try using a component cable rather than an HDMI cable. If you keep getting the reboots with the component cable then you can at least rule out any HDMI problems being the cause.