1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Plus Troubleshooting Questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by speedy2, Aug 25, 2013.

1. speedy2

speedy2 TivoAddict

Aug 19, 2002
    Preston, CT
    #1 I have the new Roamio Plus setup and was wondering if anyone else has a Mini connected. When my mini is connected but not being used for more than 4 hours it is still using a tuner. I can only record 5 shows at once and that was after a reboot for good measure. Is dynamic tuner allocation not implemented yet in the Roamio? For some reason I thought it was. Also after connecting my mini I can not see it as an option to allow a tuner in Settings and Messages-->Remote, CableCard, & Devices. There was an option in there on the Premiere XL4 I had before that could set how many tuners to allocate.
    All I have in this menu now is:

CableCard Decoder
    External Storage
    Name This DVR
    Network Remote Control
    Remote Control Setup
    Tuning Adapter

#2 Does anyone with a mini connected to a Roamio Plus or Pro have tuner allocation as an option? Also I have Moca enabled and in network settings there is no way for me to see the Moca network status.

#3 With my XL4 when Moca bridging was enabled if I looked in Settings---> Network in the field Type: is says Ethernet Connection + Moca but on the Roamio is just says Ethernet Connection even when Moca bridging has been enabled.

:D

Attached Files:

2. andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    I also saw that network connection was shown as Ethernet when I was using MoCa bridging, I think it's just a cosmetic bug. Everything works fine.