1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roamio plus - questions on streaming to pc and Tivo mini

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Thebreen, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Thebreen

Thebreen New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    I have a couple of questions about the Tivo Roamio Plus
    1) can the roamio plus be used to stream a copy protected recording to a PC (what software do I use)?

2) does the pc have to be hardwired to the network or would wireless work?

3) what other hardware would I need to stream to a Tivo Mini (the bedroom does not have Ethernet) - since the Tivo plus has MOCA and wireless built in do I need to get some kind of MOCA to Ethernet connection for the Mini?.
  2. moyekj

moyekj Active Member

Jan 23, 2006
    1) No. Currently only streaming to iOS device is supported (not even Android).
    2) Because answer to 1 is no, this is irrelevant.
    3) If you have coax outlet in your bedroom then you connect the Mini to it instead of Ethernet and use MoCA connection to Roamio Plus - no additional hardware needed. (The Mini has built in MoCA client).
  3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002

The Mini also has built-in MOCA. The Roamio should be able to act as a bridge for when the Mini needs to access the net for updates and such. Streaming would be over MOCA. You should probably install or have your cable provider install a POE filter.

I see moyekj beat to it. I'm posting anyway, even if just for the POE filter mention. :)