1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roamio plus - questions on streaming to pc and Tivo mini

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Thebreen, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Thebreen

Thebreen New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    I have a couple of questions about the Tivo Roamio Plus
    1) can the roamio plus be used to stream a copy protected recording to a PC (what software do I use)?

2) does the pc have to be hardwired to the network or would wireless work?

3) what other hardware would I need to stream to a Tivo Mini (the bedroom does not have Ethernet) - since the Tivo plus has MOCA and wireless built in do I need to get some kind of MOCA to Ethernet connection for the Mini?.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    1) No. Currently only streaming to iOS device is supported (not even Android).
    2) Because answer to 1 is no, this is irrelevant.
    3) If you have coax outlet in your bedroom then you connect the Mini to it instead of Ethernet and use MoCA connection to Roamio Plus - no additional hardware needed. (The Mini has built in MoCA client).

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    No.

n/a

The Mini also has built-in MOCA. The Roamio should be able to act as a bridge for when the Mini needs to access the net for updates and such. Streaming would be over MOCA. You should probably install or have your cable provider install a POE filter.

I see moyekj beat to it. I'm posting anyway, even if just for the POE filter mention. :)