1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Plus - I'm In!

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by markp99, Sep 12, 2013.

1. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    I broke down and picked up a new Plus unit today from Best Buy. I hold you all personally responsible for triggering the UMF on this new TiVo. ;)

Install, Set-up & Pairing went as smoothly as possible, harvesting the M-Card from my XL4 unit. 6 tuners right out of the blocks.

Only delay is MRS functionality between the Plus and the XL4. TiVo reports "up-to" 72 hours before the media access key is released to the new unit. How odd; seems like should be instantaneous. I would have liked to move over my XL4 SPs and recordings this afternoon - but whatever.

UI looks and performs great! Lag was my only complaint from the S2s, S3 and XL4. Looks like a very nice improvement!
  2. moyekj

moyekj Active Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Just force some net connects to get MRS/MRV/TTG access quicker.
  3. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    The 72 hours is to give your XL4 time to phone home and learn about the new box. Forcing connections (and sometimes a reboot or name change) would typically resolve this in a lot less than 72 hrs.
  4. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Yep. 2 reboots, MRS/MRV working! thx
  5. tenthplanet

tenthplanet New Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Well I'm glad we can be a corruptive influence on you. :D Seriously, Enjoy you new unit. :)
  6. uw69

uw69 Member

Jan 25, 2001
    I am in the same boat as MarkP! I've have had most of the TiVo models, but skipped the series 4. Now that I have gone from my trusty series 3 to a Roamio I am blown away by the improvements. Ease of hard drive replacement is a great feature, having 6 tuners and not having to obsess over season pass priorities is wonderful. Consolidated season pass management sure beats going between multiple TiVo's. TiVo iPad app and built in streaming show spme real foreword thinking from TiVo.

My only concern is longevity of the unit, but I am very impressed with the new TiVo.:)