1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Plus - audio drops and all I hear is white noise

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tbielowicz, Sep 14, 2013.

1. tbielowicz

tbielowicz New Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Has anyone else had this issue? It happens in the menu and then if I play a show or Live TV, it fixes itself.

This also happened on my Mini as well the other day. It is not happening all the time but it is annoying.
  2. Smirks

Smirks .:. Hello .:.

Oct 7, 2002
    I've experienced this twice on my plus. Both times I had to turn my tv off and then on to make it go away.
  3. KnordRW

KnordRW New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    My wife and kids say this has happened on one of our Roamio Pros several times, but I have yet to witness it. This particular one is connected via HDMI direct to a Sharp LED tv, no receiver or any other things in the mix. Same cabling as the Premiere it replaced, and that never had any issues.
  4. Smirks

Smirks .:. Hello .:.

Oct 7, 2002
    The two times I experienced this it was connected directly to my Toshiba LCD.

Now my plus is connected to a different TV through a Yamaha AVR and I haven't had this problem since.
  5. innocentfreak

innocentfreak New Member

Aug 25, 2001
    I had an issue similar to this. It would all of the sudden be a burst of static and the only way I could get rid of it was to go to live TV or turn the preview window on.

It seemed to happen as a result of going too fast and the sound effects conflicting.
  6. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I've had 2 loud bursts of static (both today). Once while in the Guide and once inside Netflix. The static was WAY louder than the volume that preceded it; very jarring.
  7. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    We have a fix for this coming in our Fall release. (Sorry, I know this one is really jarring when it happens!)

8. tumh20

tumh20 New Member

Nov 3, 2006
    I received my new Tivo Roamio Pro this past Friday and set it up Sunday. I experienced this audio glitch intermittently while in the menus, but not while watching shows. I called the problem in to Tivo support Monday and the person I talked to said he hadn't heard of the problem. He put me on hold while he asked "engineering" and they said they hadn't heard of it either. They will watch the data coming in from my Tivo for the next week or so, but suspect it is a broken Tivo which much be replaced.

If this is, as you say, a known problem with a fix coming, maybe you could cascade that information down to your customer support structure so they and their level 2 support will know and be able to tell customers.
  9. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    I had this happen once. And I hope never again. It scared the poop out of me. :eek:
  10. lew-wolfgang

lew-wolfgang New Member

Sep 23, 2013
    This happened to me this morning too! (the white noise part, not the poop)

Power-cycling the TV cleared the noise.
  11. sanyewest

sanyewest New Member

Sep 29, 2013
  12. HDRyder9

HDRyder9 Member

Aug 2, 2007
    This happens to me when I push remote buttons too fast.
  13. Gizmologist

Gizmologist New Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Same thing with me. Two week old Roamio has twice now output loud static sound via HDMI to AV preamp while I was navigating the Tivo home menu. Playing a show from the Tivo makes the static sound go away. Very annoying. :down: I hope Tivo gets this bug squashed via a software update ASAP.
  14. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I had this happen again (2x) tonight when watching Netflix. Hit Rewind, then play, then loud static before the stream resumed.
  15. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    I've had that happene a few times. My "way out" is to hit the live TV button. That seems to make it go away.