1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Plus and Slingbox Solo

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jesschoen, Jan 30, 2014.

1. jesschoen

jesschoen New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    I have a Roamio Plus and two Roamio Minis all working fine in addition to acceptable performance on an iPad and iPhone on the in-home network. However, I have been considering hooking up an old Slingbox Solo in order to watch Tivo programs on a large screen Mac computer and also to access Tivo when I am out of my home network (I find the Tivo app for the iPad is hit and miss when out of the home network).
    Yesterday, I hooked up the Slingbox Solo at the site of the Roamio Plus unit. I was able to see the and hear live TV on the Mac computer screen via the Slingbox but found that streaming from the main Roamio unit to both the minis and the iPad would not work as long as the Slingbox was connected. I disconnected the Slingbox because of this but wonder if I should be able to get it to work with this setup. Can anyone provide some advice?

Also, I'm wondering if it is feasible for this setup to work, can it also work if I hook up the Slingbox at one of the mini units rather than at the main Roamio box.

Thanks for any help.

James

2. haniwa202

haniwa202 New Member

Jan 27, 2014
    I have a Slingbox connected to a TiVo mini and it works just fine. Not sure about your problem with connecting to your Roamio.

3. jesschoen

jesschoen New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Is your mini connected to a Slingbox Solo or some other Slingbox model?