1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Plus And Easy Mac Download

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by thekidran, Jun 24, 2014.

1. thekidran

thekidran New Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Hey Guys I travel A lot for work and would rather carry my new Macbook Air to watch my TV shows on the fly.

Please let me know the easiest way to do so?

I would like to watch in HD if possible :) then delete after i watch the shows.

Anyway to download while away from my home network?

From what i gathered Ctivo would be the easiest way to do this. What format would you suggest for macbook viewing only?

I know the iPad app does this but i don't want to carry more then one device as i need the laptop for work.

Sorry for the questions but appreciate your responses..

Regards.

2. javabird

javabird Active Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    cTivo works great for this. Download the shows, cut commercials if you want, and transfer to iTunes. I like to use the AppleTV format.

3. thekidran

thekidran New Member

Jun 24, 2014
    is there a way to download from my DVR when i am in a different state? that would be great!

4. thekidran

thekidran New Member

Jun 24, 2014
    If i download with ctivo does it have to be encoded to a certain format? I found that the download is quick but with my new macbook air i5 processor the encoding takes quite sometime to convert to apple tv format? Any suggestions?

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I don't see an iPad format option; I often have difficulties with playback on the iPad where I never have a problem with the iPhone....

And I also notice that shows from premium cable channels (Starz, Encore, HBO, Cinemax) don't show up.

6. javabird

javabird Active Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    If you want to see premium channels, go to Preferences > "show protected shows." However, they cannot be transferred because they are copy protected.

The AppleTV format works well for me for shows on the iPad, AppleTV and iPhone. But if you want more advanced options, you can use the Handbrake settings.