1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Playback Bug

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by pdxrunr, Sep 5, 2013.

1. pdxrunr

pdxrunr New Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Can't remember if my Premier did this or not, but it isn't expected behavior and is frustrating and should be corrected IMHO.

You set a program to record at say 5:30 p.m. that is 3 hours long. It's now 6:00 p.m., so it's recorded 30 minutes and you decide to start watching from the beginning. You get a few minutes in, then decide to hit the Tivo button, go to My Shows and start watching something else. You then pause that show and go back to your program that you were watching (still recording, etc), but you don't have a choice to resume playing (or from beginning like stuff that has finished recording. You only get Play. It then starts playing from the beginning! Every single time you do this. Why wouldn't it remember where you were and start playing from there?

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I don't recall running into this. But I also don't hit pause before I back out of watching a show. I just hit the TiVo button and when I come back to it, the shows starts playing where I left off.

Edit: I just tried this again to make sure. It behaves as it should. When I go back to the program that I started watching and is still recording, it starts playing where I left off.

3. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Except for the pause thing you did (why) my Roamio has had the resume on programs I stopped watching in the middle. You can't be in the last 5 min.

4. pdxrunr

pdxrunr New Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Thanks. After more testing, you're right about being in the last 5 minutes. I was just going all the way to end of the ongoing recording, then hitting pause. But if you do this, you still can't make it start there if you back out. You can only play from the beginning. Doesn't matter if you press pause or press the Tivo button to back out. I can't understand why it would function like this.

If I'm anywhere else but the last 5 minutes, you can "resume playing".

5. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    You don't have to "pause a recording". Just hit Tivo, and it's auto-paused.

and you actually CAN pause a show within the last 5 minutes, I just honestly don't remember how exactly to do it.. I do it "by instinct" nowadays.

I *think* if you hit pause, then hit Tivo.. it won't ask you.. But if you hit pause then hit left, it will ask you.

I once in a while have to pause something very near the end so I can "transfer from paused point" (which only works on pre-Premiere level Tivos nowadays) for just the very last few minutes. (e.g. a musical guest on a talk show)