1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio off by a minute?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by sirfergy, Aug 29, 2013.

1. sirfergy

sirfergy New Member

May 18, 2002
    The time on my Roamio is off by a minute, so all my recordings start early and are cutoff. How can I fix?

2. SlappyMcgee

SlappyMcgee New Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I have that issue on my TivoHD but it is normally with recordings on Comedy Central. I think a couple other networks are off by 1 minute and so it starts early and ends early on the shows. For the shows it cuts off on I have just modified the Season Pass to stop recording 1 minute after the show ends

3. gothaggis

gothaggis New Member

Mar 3, 2010
    yeah, I was under the impression this is something the networks / cable company does to get you to watch more advertisements. It happens on certain networks more than others.

best thing to do is change your recording to record a few minutes before/after the actual start/end time.

4. sirfergy

sirfergy New Member

May 18, 2002
    In my case, the time is off by a minutes compared to my other clocks, and all shows are in this state. My Premiere didn't have this issue.

5. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    One of the biggest perks of having multiple tuners is to be able to adjust the start/stop time for networks who don't align their shows properly with actual local time without clipping other content.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The clock on all TiVos is set by the TiVo server when it makes it's daily call. Try forcing a call and see if it fixes the clock.

7. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    OK now I have to go check my Roamio time... Called in about 1/2 hour ago time to the second.