1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Not Transferring From Desktop Plus

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by hamz9561, Dec 14, 2013.

1. hamz9561

hamz9561 New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    South Texas
    I have videos that are in .mp4 containers coded to the h.264 standard using the same program.

How do I get them to auto-transfer with Desktop plus software? Is there a way to force the transfer?

Desktop Plus is the current version and will sometimes transfer files to my Roamio.

Both the Roamio and PC are running on the same leg of the wired LAN off of the same switch.

I'm frustrated that it will transfer some and ignore others even though the same program/settings were used to create the files.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I suggest PyTivo. It is totally free.

Desktop free only will work with selected files with extensions, .tivo, .mpg, and only a few more, where Plus has more.

3. hamz9561

hamz9561 New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    South Texas
    I already have the Desktop Plus version and was wondering how to force the Roamio to transfer content from the Desktop Plus.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The only way to get transfers over, is to call them from the Tivo play list, your computer should be listed at the bottom.

5. Gary-B

Gary-B Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Texas
    I've had to "Link to my Tivo Account" under file in Tivo Desktop to force it to start transferring again.

6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    More likely, the TiVo Desktop Plus software is just buggy.

Using the free version, I have several auto transfers (from DVR to PC) set up, and only some of them transfer automatically 100% of the time.

7. msmart

msmart New Member

Jan 2, 2007
    A while back someone posted a batch file they came up with to restart the services which causes auto downloads to start again...... for a while. Works for me. I suppose you could schedule it to have it run automatically every few days.

This is for XP so you'll need to modify it for other Win OSes.

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\tivotransfer.exe" /stop
    "C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\tivoserver.exe" /stop
    "C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TiVoNotify.exe" /stop
    ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >NUL
    "C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TiVoServer.exe"  /start
    ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >NUL
    "C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\TiVoNotify.exe"  /start
    ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >NUL
    "C:\Program Files\TiVo\Desktop\tivotransfer.exe"  /start