1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Not Seeing Desktop Plus

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by hamz9561, Nov 17, 2013.

1. hamz9561

hamz9561 New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    South Texas
    I have a 4-tuner Roamio that I bought a few months ago and for some reason I can't see any of the media in my Desktop Plus App that I've been using for several years with my old Series 2.

I can download media from the Roamio with no problem so I know that my MAC is correct. I'm just not seeing any media from Desktop Plus listed on the Roamio.

Any ideas?

2. hamz9561

hamz9561 New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    South Texas
    Update:

I restarted the Tivo Server service and can now see the items in Desktop Plus except for videos that are published. Any ideas on how to view them?

3. Coffee

Coffee New Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Usually, this issue is resolved by rebooting the router, the PC and the DVR. The order shouldn't matter, but if it isn't resolved at that point, something is either not functioning correctly, or being blocked.

4. hamz9561

hamz9561 New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    South Texas
    It seems that the TiVo server service was being stopped by my antivirus and this was causing the problem. Added it as an exception and now am able to transfer shows from the pc and also stream music.

5. ramiss

ramiss New Member

Jan 29, 2014
    I was having this same issue and want to report back on my solution. It strikes me odd that nobody has mentioned this in any of these treads... my problem is that I was assuming that since bonjour and the TiVo service was allowed in my Windows firewall that it was opening the required ports. It was not!!

I had to open port 5353 for the TiVo to see my desktop.

Richard