1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Kickstart

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bmgoodman, Nov 15, 2013.

1. bmgoodman

bmgoodman Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Northern...
    Has anybody figured out the sequence for entering Kickstart codes on the Roamio Pro yet?

I don't need the codes yet, but my front panel power light quit working in less than 2 weeks and I'm trying to figure out if it could be a problem in the future.

Anyone have any constructive comments, please?

2. Thom

Thom Active Member

Jun 5, 2000
    Whittier,...
    You have to put your Roamio remote into IR mode before you can enter kickstart codes during bootup.

There is no change to the kickstart codes themselves.

3. bmgoodman

bmgoodman Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Northern...
    I was looking for the sequence of lights to indicate it's time to let up on the "pause" button and enter the code. IIRC, it is slightly different from Series 3 OLED to Series 3 HD to Premiere, so I thought it might also work a bit differently on the Roamios.

4. Thom

Thom Active Member

Jun 5, 2000
    Whittier,...
    For Roamio, watch for the yellow circle on the left side.

When you see the yellow circle start to flash, press and release the pause button.

The green circle will go out, and the yellow circle will stop flashing and remain on for a few seconds. Enter your kickstart code now. If you don't enter a kickstart code, the yellow circle will go out, the green circle will come on, and normal boot will continue.

Left will exit the kickstart menu. Clear will cancel the running test.

5. leiff

leiff Member

Aug 24, 2005
    What is kickstart?

6. uw69

uw69 Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Washington
    TiVo diagnostics

7. dglion

dglion New Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Lake San...
  8. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Not to be snarky, but in addition to the excellent answers you've received so far allow me add "it's a good way to get in trouble if you don't know what you're doing".

In other words, if you're like me and tend to "take things apart to see how they would have worked", then you should resist the urge to try out the Kick Start feature just to see what it's like or what it does.