1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio is on the way... (FanBoy Warning)

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Balzer, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Balzer

Balzer Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Nice... Order placed on Monday, shipped on Tuesday, scheduled delivery is Thursday with the free standard shipping.

As an admitted TiVo fanboy and something of a tech geek, I can't wait for the setup process and the exploration of the new model! I already had Friday off, and now the day off will be even better...

I still remember the day I setup my first one, the first generation Phillips TiVo! To this day, there has been nothing I have ever purchased that had a greater Wow effect than that first TiVo. A new car, an HDTV, Smartphones, computers, GPS's, blah, blah blah.. That original TiVo is still the coolest thing I have ever purchased in my life.

Just sayin!

(still don't like the Roamio name, but whatever)..

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Which TiVo are you coming from? If it's a S3 then there will be a lot to play with. If it's a Premiere it's basically the same UI just a LOT faster, so not much new to play with.

Also if it's a Premiere I highly recommend you use kmttg to transfer your SPs from your old TiVo. Unlike the TiVo website it actually works with shows not currently in the guide, so you wont end up with any weird "corrupt" listing in your SPM. It can also move auto-record Wish Lists which the website can not.

If it's a S3 the website is your only option.

3. Balzer

Balzer Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Well, I'm coming from the Premieres, so not much that's new. But I still look forward do it... and maybe the potential for new and better things to be added in the future...

Thanks for the tip on kmttg. I downloaded it last week, but haven't played with it much.

4. JasonD

JasonD New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    San Diego
    Great I love my Roamio eventhough it refuses to record fox, it must be a progressive Tivo.