1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio has slowed down lately

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tanlis, Mar 30, 2014.

1. tanlis

tanlis New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    In the last month/month and a half, I've noticed that my Roamio basic has gotten slow when it's transitioning to different menus/views when I first turn the TV on or been watching a show for awhile. However, once I start interacting it seems like the slowness goes away. I'm not aware of changing any settings.

Has anyone else noticed this?

2. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I've been using a 4-tuner Roamio for a couple of months, and I'm not sure the upgraded 3TB drive is even full yet (with deleted shows). I can't say that I've noticed any slowdown over time, but I have noticed occasional sluggishness, most recently last night when I was using the menus while 2 or 3 shows were recording. Of course a DVR should give more important tasks like recording priority over the user interface, and it may be that the sluggishness was caused by Internet latency. But your observation about the slowness going away with use might suggest that virtual memory is being used, which I would find mildly appalling given the current cheapness of real physical memory. OTOH, maybe that too could be related to Internet access.