1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio has gone into standby twice today - why?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by chrispitude, Dec 8, 2013.

1. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Hi folks,

My Roamio Plus has gone into standby twice today:

• When I came downstairs this morning, I found the Roamio in standby; it must have gone into standby some time overnight.
    • This evening, we paused a Netflix movie for a quick family dinner break. After being paused for some time (maybe 7-10 minutes?), the Roamio put itself into standby again.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior? We've had our Roamio for a month, but this behavior just started. Why would it put itself into standby during a Netflix movie? I thought TiVos only put themself into standby when explicitly selected by the user.

2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    When you touch the green power light on the front panel the Roamio will go into standby, may be too sensitive.

3. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Thanks Les! That must be it. I still have the protective plastic on the front. We recently put up Christmas lights on the fireplace mantel, and that might be triggering it. You're right, it's pretty sensitive.

4. JandS

JandS Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Might be worth trying LightDims over the button.

(no connex to LightDims, just very satisfied customers, happily banishing annoying LED intrusion in our personal space)

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Those are interesting ... I've always just used black electrical tape (or white duct tape depending on the application) punched out in circles with a hole punch. ;)

6. JandS

JandS Member

Oct 1, 2010
    LightDims peel off very cleanly, no hint of "gunk" left behind, so no chance of leaving mystery smudges on the typical plastic housing especially with always-on electronics that might have surface heat for an extended time.