1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio front panel is the TiVo mascot face?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Schmye Bubbula, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    I've had my Roamio for a week, and I just noticed that the full width of the front panel forms the smiling TiVo mascot face when the green power & red record lights are on. Do you see it, or is it my imagination? I wonder whether the TiVo designers did it on purpose.

2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    You trippin' bubbu...

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The TiVo mascot doesn't have a face.

Studies have been done which show that humans can see faces in almost everything. We're wired to be able to recognize faces so we see them everywhere we look.

4. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Dan203, why do you say that the TiVo mascot doesn't have a face? Your very avatar displays his face! (Or are you saying that your avatar isn't a picture of the TiVo mascot?)... Yeah, my perception may be imputing the TiVo guy's face to the Roamio's front, but it leaps out at me! Actually, the old Apple Macintosh icon of the original Mac 128 case with the same smile is strictly speaking even closer because its two dots for eyes more closely match the Roamio's power and record circles for eyes, but I nevertheless see the TiVo face notwithstanding no "TiVo" word being its "eyes." Go figure!... So nobody else sees it?

5. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    He has a smile, not a face. A face would require eyes and a nose. All he has is the word TiVo and a smile.

6. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    ...And I've always seen that word "TiVo" as his eyes & nose! Or maybe at least a TiVo mask over his eyes & nose. In any event, I see a face. But that's just me.... The face I see on the Roamio is more like the face many see onlooking the front of a car, except with the latter, the headlights are the "eyes" and the grill and/or bumper are the nose and mouth, and sometimes it's a smile and with other cars it's a frown, or neither.

7. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I see what you're saying about the face on the front of the Romaio, but I don't think it was intentional. Wait until you see it with all 6 tuners going and downloading something. It'll look like Quasimoto then. :)

8. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    I still love that lil guy!
    [​IMG]

9. timr_42

timr_42 New Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    he does have one 'eye'. It's the O in Tivo. I've seen him wink it.

10. Worf

Worf Active Member

Sep 15, 2000
    I suppose the V could be an oddly shaped nose...

11. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    and the i is the other eye and the T is a deformed eyebrow.. poor little guy (or is it a ear?)

where's the left eyebrow??

12. eochs

eochs New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ