1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio doesn't see my PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ADG, Dec 21, 2013.

1. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Installed a Roamio Plus yesterday. I also have a Premier and two S3's. Everything is connected via Ethernet cable. I've always been able to download shows to my PC (from wherever) and then transfer them to Tivo (using "My Shows", which listed my PC). The Roamio doesn't seem to see my PC (it doesn't appear in "My Shows").

If I open Tivo Desktop on my PC, the Roamio is listed. The Premier still sees the PC --- but the Roamio doesn't. I've tried with both default network settings and a static IP address (everything else has a static address). I've "reset" the router, rebooted the Roamiio (hard & soft) -- no luck. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Make sure all your Tivos have been subscribed to Tivo service, and under Device preferences of your account on tivo.com, the checkboxes are checked. Finally, make all your Tivos make a Tivo connection.

Adding a Tivo, you must make the other Tivos connect to service to log in the new addition, for transfers to work between them.

3. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Thanks. Turns out I had to check a "sharing" box in Tivo Desktop to add the Roamio. Sorry for the bother.