1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Doesn't Appear in Tivo Transfer

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by nyctwc, Aug 25, 2013.

1. nyctwc

nyctwc New Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I connected my new Roamio directly to my router via hardwired Ethernet cable, but it's not showing up in Tivo Transfer for Mac. My old Premiere is there, but nothing else. Anybody else having this issue?

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Have you enabled "Video sharing" for the new TiVo tivo.com? You might need to wait a couple of days for everything to be set right.

Does either TiVo appear in the other's "My Shows"?

3. nyctwc

nyctwc New Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Yes, both "Video Sharing" and "Enable Video Downloads" are enabled. Both Tivos show up in the other's "My Shows" screen.

4. mckingsley

mckingsley New Member

Dec 29, 2002
    West Jordan, UT
    I am having the same issues...although for me I want to transfer shows from one tivo to another. My new Roamio is not getting set yet to do transfers and it's been over 48 hours with multiple connects to the mothership.

5. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    How does the Premiere and Roamio identify each other in the My Shows list? Does the Premiere identify the Roamio as a "TiVo Roamio" and display a Roamio icon like as shown here with a Premiere to Premiere? [media]http://blog.tivo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/4.png[/media]

6. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    The issue is not only the Roamio getting the updated information; from my experiences in these later years, the other machine also has to be updated that the Roamio is on your account. So that machine has to make calls also. It definitely adds to the delays before either things work, or you know there is some other problem.

7. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Normally when I'm moving boxes around on my account I just have them both connect to TiVo at the same time.

8. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Go to the Roamio's SI screen and look for the Tivo To Go line to make sure it reads a,a,a.
    Transfers won't work until that happens.

9. mckingsley

mckingsley New Member

Dec 29, 2002
    West Jordan, UT
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I have tried the above plus about 4 other different suggestions from a different thread. Really I don't know why there has to be so much voodo to get it to work.

Yes, my new Roamio shows as an icon on my premiere. But it will not allow connections because it says the Roamio is not on the account. Troubleshooting I found my Roamio does not have the correct media access key as my premiere and online account show. But waiting and waiting and waiting and trying lots of stuff is not getting it to change.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread though was just thinking that my issue was similar like the new Roamios are not getting their correct MAK or something.

10. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    The MAK would a TiVo problem, on a new TiVo I will get the MAK as unavailable for sometimes 24 hours, but I never got an incorrect MAK key that differed from my TiVo web sight MAK key.

11. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    I have seen it happen, but I there is a weird situation with two of my TiVos as they are on two different accounts. Years ago, I sold one of my 3 lifetimed TiVo 2s to a friend and for some reason, while they removed only that one from my account, they added all three to hers.

12. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    What does the icon look like if I could ask?

I'm sorry about all the trouble you are experiencing :(

13. mckingsley

mckingsley New Member

Dec 29, 2002
    West Jordan, UT
    Sorry I forgot to put it in my post but yeah the icon looks correct, it's one of the new Tivo Roamios.

14. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Wow. So either that 20.3.1 update was a prelude to get the Premieres ready for the Roamio, or when a Roamio is detected on the network it sends a configuration file to the Premieres. I would have thought something would get downloaded from TiVo onto the Premieres when the Roamio is detected on the account but since you are having problems with the MAK's and account and you are still seeing what you are seeing, I would have thought wrong and now think the first two things mentioned earlier.
    If you happen to snap a picture of it sometime, feel free to toss it over if ya don't mind :)

I kinda wish that the 4 tuner Premiere had it's own icon instead of simply using the same 2 tuner Premiere icon, but that's for another topic.

Good luck.

15. mckingsley

mckingsley New Member

Dec 29, 2002
    West Jordan, UT
    So found out finally they shipped the wrong unit to me! Well it was a correct type of Tivo Roamio but after some more investigation on my side I noticed my Tivo Service Number was not matching what my online account showed.

Someone put a wrong Tivo in a box because even the box outside sticker showed the TSN from online but the actual Tivo did not match the TSN from the box. Well it's cleared up now.

16. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Did they take the new TSN of the box and put it on the account?

17. nyctwc

nyctwc New Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Argh! So annoyed at Tivo Customer Support. I called about not seeing the Roamio show up in Tivo Desktop for Mac. The agent thought changing the Media Access Key might be the problem, so he changed it without telling me that I would have the re-enter the old number to watch any recordings I had already transferred.

Changing the MAK number didn't help and now I'll have to type in the old MAK every time I want to watch one of the over 100 recordings I have on my computer. What a major pain!

Tivo support is a waste of time. It's just a bunch of Level 1 agents with no experience trying to find answers on a computer. The users here at the forums are much more knowledgeable. Tivo support can learn a lot from Apple Store support. I just wish they had a more efficient way to report bugs that need to be fixed without having to deal with Level 1 agents wasting hours of your time.

18. stumantexas

stumantexas New Member

Aug 14, 2013
    I am also having this problem - everything on new Roamio Plus works except Tivo Transfer. I can stream to other tivo, stream from other to roamio, see other tivo's in tivo transfer, stream to iphone and ipad, see shows in my shows on tivo site - and with bounjour browser I can see the roamio just like the other three tivo's. I can log into the tivo with https://192.168.x.x and see shows and download that way.

Just cant get Roxio to see roamio. I recently purchased an XL4 and it showed up right away without problems.

Tivo support could only tell me to wait a day and to call Roxio Support.

Any suggestions on what I might not have tested?

Thanks

19. mckingsley

mckingsley New Member

Dec 29, 2002
    West Jordan, UT
    JWhites, they eventually put the TSN that was actually programmed into the Tivo on my account and had to switch it with the person that got mine (so to say)

20. chrisallen

chrisallen New Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Same problem here. I assume this is the "other thread" that was referred to above:

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/forums/displaypost?postID=11124821#e11124821

If that gentleman is correct, we have to wait for Roxio to update the Tivo Transfer app so it recognizes Roamio as a valid DVR.

I'm sending a friendly email to the folks at Roxio to make sure this stays on their radar, and suggest everyone reading this do the same. They're also on Twitter: https://twitter.com/roxio.

I've used Roxio products for years and they're always great, so please be pleasant when contacting them. They've earned it!