1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio died so was sent a replacement and

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Woodburner, May 16, 2014.

1. Woodburner

Woodburner New Member

Jan 3, 2014
    and after i went through the setup I put the hard drive I had in the malfunctioning unit in the new one hoping to keep all the shows I had recorded. After the reboot all my shows were there hooray! Unfortunately my happiness did not last long as when I went to play a recorded show I go a message stating''Due to policy set by the copyright holder this recording will be deleted 12/31(-23333300 minutes from now) This probably doesn't leave enough time to watch the recording since the duration is 59 minutes'' when I click ok begin playing I just get another error message. So it looks like I lost all my recordings unless someone can offer a fix. If no fix should I have added the drive differently to prevent this?

2. KevinG

KevinG Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Mt. Laurel, NJ.
    I think the recordings are tied to an encryption key on your old unit...no way to keep them. So, you didn't do anything wrong.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The recordings are tied to the original Tivo Service Number and you must run Clear & Delete Everything to be able to record. In the System Information screen, you most likely will see all ZEROS in your Tivo Service Number.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You probably should just wipe the drive and start over. There could be other problems introduced by simply transplanting a drive from one TiVo to another like that.

5. Woodburner

Woodburner New Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Thanks for the help guys. My wife wants to kill me because I had to delete her shows but she will get over it someday I hope :)