1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio basic + Stream

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by consumedsoul, Aug 23, 2013.

1. consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Weird - it says on the website that Roamio basic on wireless isn't supported for use w/ Stream, but I'm able to Stream/copy to my iPad just fine w/o connecting to Ethernet (I'm on wifi):

"This method does not support streaming content between two or more TiVo devices such as TiVo DVRs, TiVo Mini or TiVo Stream (with 4-tuner TiVo Roamio)."

Not that I'm complaining, just interesting that the setup is not supported (maybe functionally it works but they won't support any bandwidth/performance issues etc.?).

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Just happening to work in your house is different than being supported. They just have not put any restrictions in place.

3. consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Yeah that's what I figured. I'm just pleasantly surprised it's functional. :)

4. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    You said it right there, the bandwidth demands of streaming over WiFi are high enough that Tivo's opted to simply make it unsupported, rather than attempt to troubleshoot the endless variability in wireless networking.