1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Basic Power Supply

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by aaronwt, Nov 13, 2013.

1. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Does anyone know anything about when TiVo will have Roamio Basic power supplies on sale? Or at least what type of power supply can be used as a replacement?

I have a Roamio Basic coming to replace my Premiere I use for OTA and that I also use it to carry content to my GFs house. So I need an extra power supply to keep at her house. That way I just need to carry the TiVo over and nothing else.

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    I couldn't find a picture online, but typically, everything you need to find a replacement is on the wall wart itself. You just need Voltage, Amperage, orientation of the voltage (is the center pin + or -), and the size of the connector. Then you can use any generic adapter you can find (many come with multiple connector sizes). The voltage and orientation you have to get exactly correct. The amperage, I would just got the same or a little higher (it is a max rating). I didn't see one on Tivo's site for the Mini or the Stream, so I am thinking they won't sell them. Maybe you can call them up and get one that way. Generally, it isn't common for CE manufacturers to sell those in stores (even online ones).

3. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    I found the Roamio a major improvement over my Premiere for OTA and was wondering how long it would be before you did this upgrade, from your posts was surprised you waited this long :D.

I don't know the answer to your question but was wondering if some type of universal power supply would work.

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I only got one now because of the deal they gave me. I didn't want to pay alot for it since it's just a secondary box for me. Although the smaller form factor will make it much easier to take back and forth to my GFs house.

5. dglion

dglion New Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Lake San...
    I've got an extra one I can send you. I/ve had to return 2 Roamios and TiVo only wants the unit back, no other parts. PM me if you are interested.

6. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Before you send it out, can you look on it and see what it says about V and A, or mA, or W, and whether the center pin is + and the outer ring is - or the outer ring is + and the center pin is - ?

And then tell us? :D

7. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Thanks. I sent you a PM.

8. Yashii

Yashii New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    I mixed up my power adapters and cords. Can someone provide me with the wattage and amperage, and maybe a description or image of the Roamio basic power adapter

9. tamathat

tamathat New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Austin
    I have a Roamio Basic coming to replace my Premiere I use for OTA and that I also use it to carry content to my GFs house. So I need an extra power supply to keep at her house. That way I just need to carry the TiVo over and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Have you thought about buying a used slingplayer and just sling'ing your content?

10. Phasers

Phasers New Member

May 28, 2008
    Some betters questions for OP:

1) Since OP is at that relationship stage where he is bringing over his TiVo to his GFs house regularly, why has he not simply gotten 'her' a TiVo yet that he can keep over there and have record the content he wants?

2) If their relationship is at the point that OP can actually bring a freaking TiVo over to his GFs house regularly and have her be ok with that, why hasn't he put a ring on it and consolidated households already?

11. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I have a Slingplayer and a Hava HD. My GF only has 1.2Mb/s DSL which is not going work since it is so slow.. I keep trying to convince her to get FiOS, or even Comcast, but she seems to be happy with her slow, crappy DSL.

12. Yashii

Yashii New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Is there anyone who can respond to this reply? I have a TiVo that will not start and I would like to like to eliminate/confirm the power supply as the cause.

Thanks

13. Ky_Shag

Ky_Shag Shaggy Dog

Jan 26, 2012
    Louisville,KY