1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio and Minis won't communicate with each other.

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tarheelblue32, Aug 11, 2014.

1. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    So this morning sometime, after having worked perfectly for 8 months, both of my 2 Minis mysteriously stopped being able to communicate with my Roamio Plus. My internet, MoCA network, and the Plus seems to be working completely normal otherwise. Both Minis say that their network connection status is fine, and both are able to connect to the TiVo servers normally. They just aren't able to connect to the host DVR.

All 3 units have lifetime service, and say their service is active, both in their settings and on the TiVo website. I've tried restarting all units multiple times, as well as restarting my cable modem, router, and MoCA adapter. I've even tried connecting the Plus and a Mini directly to my router via ethernet. The Mini can still call into the TiVo servers successfully but can't communicate with the Roamio.

In the Mini settings, it says the host DVR is "UNKNOWN". I'm thinking this has to be some problem with the TiVo service itself, but the TiVo status website hasn't reported any service outages. I haven't called TiVo yet, but I'm thinking I will have to, since I have run out of things to try. Anybody else have any ideas?

2. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Re-boot your main TiVo, should solve your problem.

3. tarheelblue32

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    I've done that 3 times so far, but I'll give it another shot.

4. tarheelblue32

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Just rebooted the Plus and a Mini again. The Mini still refuses to connect to the host DVR.

5. tarheelblue32

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Okay, nevermind. I just re-ran guided setup on the Mini and that fixed the problem.

It seems very strange to have to re-run guided setup on 2 Minis at the same time. TiVo must have done something to them when they called in last night for guide data.

6. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    Instead of re-running the complete guided setup again, you could have just reset the DVR host on each Mini. There's a bug going around where the Minis are losing track of who their host is. So if it happens again, there's a simpler solution!

7. tarheelblue32

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    And how exactly do you do that?

8. NJguy

NJguy New Member

Sep 10, 2013
    I'd like to know that too.

9. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001