1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio (and Mini's) no longer have staged releases?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bradleys, Oct 17, 2013.

1. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    Reading a few things from Dave Z and a few others clues, I am pretty sure planned updates to both the Roamio line and the Mini's are going to happen en mass and not staged as they have done and continue to do for other models.

If that is true, that means no more priority page registration, (and no more early clues of a pending release)

Do you think this is just because the install base is relatively small, or do you think this is a new distribution model they have in place?

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Just small. It was the same with other models when they were still new.

3. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Don't think I would read too much into it yet. Tivo released some extra software builds for the Elite shortly after launch to fix reboots and such. Though they are being extra aggressive this time, which is appreciated.

4. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Its certainly a trend in the industry to have continuous integration and updates. I'm pretty sure TiVo adopted this agile methodology quite some time ago. I hope they keep this OPTEMPO going on the Roamio and Mini. Updates for their MSO partners would obviously be different.