1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio and Mini update today (11/20/2013)

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by TiVoMargret, Nov 20, 2013.

1. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    We will be releasing an update later today for TiVo Roamio and TiVo Mini.

Here is a list of some of the changes:
    - fixed an issue where the video would occasionally freeze and the box would become unresponsive
    - fixed an issue where the box wouldn't display anything after Standby
    - fixed an issue related to fast-forward/rewind/recording not working on some channels
    - fixed an issue where YouTube could freeze when using a keyboard remote

The update should probably be available sometime after 2pm PT.

--Margret

P.S. Love your Roamio? Enter for a chance to win $25K: http://sweeps.tivo.com/HolidayCash/

2. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Not seeing any of those issues, but once again thank you for the update and release notes!!!!

3. andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Ooh, You're going to get someone mad! :):):) Not me though, thanks for the update.

4. jwbelcher

jwbelcher New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Your the best.

James

5. DaveDFW

DaveDFW Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Richardson, TX
    While I haven't experienced any of these specific issues, I am definitely happy that Tivo seems to be responsive on issuing bug fixes for the Roamio.

6. bayern_fan

bayern_fan New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Thanks! Any chance we can get a software build number to confirm the update?

7. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    I believe it will be 20.3.7.2.

8. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Thanks the vast majority of us here really appreciate these updates and the info on what is included with them.

I think I've observed some of those, one of my Minis periodically is frozen when we wake it up and we've also observed that sometimes FF/REW on the Minis of a program on the host TiVo will cause it to rewind the program back to the very beginning or dump the TiVo out of playback altogether.

9. g808

g808 New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Definitely appreciate the effort to quickly respond with fixes.

10. bayern_fan

bayern_fan New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Much appreciated! Look forward to seeing it soon

11. NYHeel

NYHeel Active Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Thanks. Does this update include a fix for the Netflix reboot issues? I just had my first reboot last night.

12. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    20.3.7.2 is the version, just finished the update, took about 15 minutes from starting the download till the box was up and running.

13. nws alpine

nws alpine New Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Very nice. I had noticed once that the mini would freeze video after a few seconds. A reboot fixed it and haven't seen it since. Glad to see that it should not happen again.

14. grey ghost

grey ghost Member

Feb 1, 2010
    You mean there's supposed to be something after Standby?? I'm not trying to make fun, I've never seen it. What is it supposed to do?

I'm so excited. I've had the box freeze several times in the past and the only remedy was to unplug the Tivo from the wall. Hope this fixes everything

15. bbrown9

bbrown9 Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Any ETA on when we might see a fix for the 2nd recording with a weird name showing up when padding the stop time of a show?

16. El Maestro

El Maestro Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Do updates like this happen automatically or do we have to initiate them or approve them somehow?

17. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Updates will happen automatically. The process can take up to 48 hours if you let it happen on it's own, but can be accelerated if you're anxious. The Tivo checks for updates during the daily "call" to the Tivo servers. If an update is found, it will download and then wait until around 3AM to reboot your device and install the update.

In the case where you know there is an update, you can force a connection to the Tivo servers right away. If an update is downloaded, the network connection screen will display "Pending Restart" on one of the information lines, and that would be your cue to restart the device to install the update immediately.

18. skid71

skid71 Member

Mar 20, 2013
    +1 This is an annoyance, a minor one yes, but still an annoyance.

19. questors

questors Member

Jun 4, 2009
    The update locked up my Roameo. I turned on the TV this morning and there was a frozen TV image on the screen. The remote was unresponsive, no amber light. Unplugged and restarted and midway through the start-up screen I got an "installing update" message. Then the "few minutes more message" and all back to normal

20. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Or alternatively, your Roamio experienced a lock-up which, as Margret notes in the first post, is fixed by this update.